Areas Affected: Eastern Rogue Valley
...Gusty east winds and low humidities Sunday night into Monday...
.With an upper ridge building over the region this weekend, a
trough of low pressure will deepen along the coast, bringing gusty
northeast to east winds. Gusty winds with poor humidity recoveries
will develop on higher elevation areas in the southern coastal
ranges, Siskiyous and western Siskiyou County Sunday night.
Humidities will lower further Monday with gusty east winds
remaining from the coastal ranges and inland to Cascades at mostly
higher elevations. Also gusty east to southeast winds and low
humidity are expected in the southern Rogue Valley in Jackson
County during the day Monday. Winds are NOT expected to be as
strong as the east wind event that occured almost three weeks ago,
but even with the recent rainfall precautions such as avoiding ANY
fires, and taking precautions when using power tools and driving
and parking offroad should be taken both during and before the
Sunday and Monday time frame. Winds will lower Monday night but
expect continued hot and dry weather through Thursday.
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY MORNING
THROUGH MONDAY EVENING FOR STRONG GUSTY WIND WITH LOW RH FOR FIRE
WEATHER ZONE FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 280 AND 622...
* Impacts: Strong, gusty wind with low daytime relative humidity and high fire danger will likely contribute to a significant spread of new and existing fires.
* Affected area: In Southwest OR Fire Zone....Higher elevations in 622, including the South Obenchain fire. This also includes valley locations in southern 622, including Medford to Ashland, and Jacksonville to Ruch.
* Wind: Southeast 10 to 15 mph with gusts of 25 to 30 mph.
* Humidity: As low as 10 percent.
* View the hazard area in detail at: https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mfr/HAZARD
Areas Affected: Hoopa; Interior Mendocino; Lower Middle Klamath; Trinity; Upper Smith; Van Duzen, Mad River; W Mendocino NF, E Mendocino Unit
...Critical Fire Weather Conditions Sunday and Monday...
.Dry east to northeast winds will develop over Lake County during
Saturday night, and then the remainder of northwest California
during Sunday. The combination of gusty ridgetop winds, low
humidity, and dry fuels will result in critical fire weather
conditions through Monday morning.
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM SUNDAY TO NOON
PDT MONDAY ABOVE 2000 FEET...
* WIND...East to northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 40 mph. Highest gusts will occur across exposed ridgetops.
* HUMIDITY...Daytime humidity values from 10 to 20 percent with poor recoveries during Sunday night.
* IMPACTS...Any new or existing fires will likely spread rapidly. Extreme fire safety precautions should be exercised to prevent any additional fires. Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.