Areas Affected: Siskiyou Mountains and Southern Oregon Cascades; South Central Oregon Cascades
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM THIS
AFTERNOON TO 10 PM PST WEDNESDAY...
* WHAT...Periods of moderate snow expected. Total snow accumulations 4 to 9 inches. Winds gusting 30 to 40 mph across exposed terrain.
* WHERE...Southern Oregon Cascades from Howard Prairie northward and the Siskiyou Mountains near Mount Ashland. This includes Howard Prairie, Highway 140 near Fish Lake and Lake of the Woods, Highway 62 near Union Creek and Crater Lake, Highway 230 and 138 near Diamond Lake and Highway 58 near Crescent Lake.
* WHEN...From 4 PM this afternoon to 10 PM PST Wednesday.
* IMPACTS...Difficult travel conditions are expected due to slippery road conditions and periods of reduced visibility due to blowing snow.
* View the hazard area in detail at https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mfr/HAZARD
* Slow down and allow extra time to reach your destination. * Carry tire chains and be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities. * See https://www.tripcheck.com or http://quickmap.dot.ca.gov for latest road conditions. * A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause travel difficulties.