Areas Affected: South Central Oregon Desert including the BLM Land in Eastern Lake and Western Harney Counties
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
THURSDAY EVENING FOR STRONG GUSTY WIND WITH LOW HUMIDITY FOR
PORTIONS OF FIRE WEATHER ZONE 625...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Fire Weather
Watch...which is in effect from Thursday afternoon through
* Impacts: Strong, gusty winds with low relative humidity and high fire danger will likely contribute to a significant spread of any new and existing fires.
* Affected area: In South Central OR...Portions of Fire Weather Zone 625 in Central and Eastern Lake County and extreme western Harney County including portions of Route 395.
* Wind: Northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Humidity: As low as 10 percent.
* View the hazard area in detail at: https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mfr/HAZARD Precautionary/preparedness actions...
* Plan now to avoid using equipment that could cause sparks during the period with critical fire weather conditions are possible. Continue following all local, state and federal fire regulations.
* A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are possible during the valid watch time.
* Follow weather.gov/medford for forecast updates and possible upgrade of this Watch to a Red Flag Warning. &&