Areas Affected: Central and Eastern Lake County; Northern and Eastern Klamath County and Western Lake County
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM THIS MORNING TO 8 PM
PDT THIS EVENING...
* WHAT...Southwest winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts of 45 to 55 mph.
* WHERE...In California, Modoc County. In Oregon, the mountains of Northern and Eastern Klamath County and much of Lake County. This includes the cities of Lakeview, Adel, Valley Falls, and Summer Lake impacting portions of Highways 140, 31 and 395. Winds will also affect Highway 299 through the Warner Mountains.
* WHEN...From 9 AM this morning to 8 PM PDT this evening. The strongest winds are expected during the late afternoon into the early evening.
* IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects. Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result. Travel could be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Secure loose objects before winds begin. If traveling through this area during the time of this advisory, slow down.
* View the hazard area in detail at https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mfr/HAZARD
Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high profile vehicle. Secure outdoor objects.
Local Landmark Elevations and Snow Levels
National Weather Service
NWS Watches and Warnings
Oregon Road Conditions
Road Cameras and Conditions
Satellite Sighting Information
Washington Road Conditions