SEVERE WX: High Wind Watch - Flash Flood Watch - High Wind Warning View Alerts

Woman Saved from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

A Medford woman nearly died from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

Posted: Wed Feb 21 17:34:15 PST 2018
Updated: Wed Feb 21 17:34:15 PST 2018

Speech to Text for Woman Saved from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Below is the closed-captioning text associated with this video. Since this uses automated speech to text spelling and grammar may not be accurate.

accidental carbon monoxide poisoning. medford fire-rescue says they respond to carbon monoxide calls daily. newswatch12's sionan barrett shows how one dispatcher saved this woman's life.. while she slept through her carbon monoxide alarm. 9-1-1 call "ringing. hi this is adt security we are receiving a carbon monoxide alarm is everything ok." sharon lausmann was hours away from carbon monoxide poisoning. sharon says, "i can't believe that i was that close to being dead." that because sharon slept through her carbon monoxide alarm .. but woke up when a dispatcher called her cell. 9-1-1 call "you can't smell that doesn't have an odor and it is deadly." sharon had surgery earlier that morning. she says she doesn't remember a lot from that day.. but she did burn a roast she was cooking. sharon says, "don't do what i did, you know leave your oven open." she was airing out the smoke, but didn't turn the oven off. medford fire-rescue say when they got the call from dispatchers .. they found extremely high levels of carbon monoxide. travis landen says, "we noticed that she had her hvac system and circulate and the intake on that was almost directly above her oven." phyllis clark says she has to make 3-4 calls an cdc says carbon monoxide poisons more than 50 thousand people a year. phyllis clark says, "you don't realize how important the job is until you get something like this where someone really says you saved my life you don't think of it in those terms you're doing a job." phyllis traveled 1500 miles from irving, texas to medford, oregon to re-unite with sharon. sharon says, "we never do see the voice behind these phone calls and it's just i love it that she's here." sionan says, "coming up on newswatch12 at 6, i'll show you why medford fire-rescue says carbon monoxide poisoning is so common in the winter, and what you can do to prevent it from happening in your home. in medford,
Medford
Overcast
43° wxIcon
Hi: 52° Lo: 39°
Feels Like: 39°
Brookings
Overcast
50° wxIcon
Hi: 53° Lo: 45°
Feels Like: 50°
Crater Lake
Overcast
37° wxIcon
Hi: 44° Lo: 31°
Feels Like: 32°
Grants Pass
Overcast
37° wxIcon
Hi: 48° Lo: 40°
Feels Like: 37°
Klamath Falls
Overcast
37° wxIcon
Hi: 47° Lo: 31°
Feels Like: 32°
Another Storm Early This Week
KDRV Radar
KDRV Fire Danger
KDRV Weather Cam

Latest Video

Image

Massive tree falls from wind, narrowly misses home

Image

VIDEO FORECAST: Tracking the Next Storm

Image

Mt. Ashland Ski Area Closes Amid Strong Winds

Image

VIDEO FORECAST: Another Storm System Early in the Week

Image

Olsrud Family Playground is Officially Open

Image

New Playground

Image

Three Camp Fire Contractors Fired

Image

rollover crash

Image

Today's out and about

Image

Lights Holiday Contest

Community Events