ASHLAND—The Southern Oregon women’s basketball team has reached the NAIA Division II Tournament for the third year in a row.
The Raiders, which finished the year ranked No. 10, received the three seed in the Naismith region and will take on Antelope Valley (CA) at 9:15 CT, 7:15 PT p.m. on Wednesday. SOU is joined by two-seed Eastern Oregon and five-seed Northwest Christian as the three Cascade Collegiate Conference teams in the dance.
This will be the first ever meeting between SOU and Antelope Valley. The Pioneers were 22-6 this year and won the Cal-Pac conference title.
The 32-team tournament runs from March 7 to March 13 in Sioux City, Iowa.
In 2016, SOU reached the National Championship game. The Raiders were bounced by Northwestern in last year’s first round and by Tabor in the second round in 2015.
The Oregon Tech women finished the season in the “receiving votes” category, as essentially the 32nd ranked team. In other words, they had little margin for error and needed complete chalk in the conference tournaments. With Cornerstone, Tabor, Alice Lloyd and Stillman each receiving automatic bids, the Owls were effectively eliminated from tournament contention.
- Southern Oregon Women Reach NAIA National Tournament
- Oregon Tech Men Reach NAIA National Tournament
- Southern Oregon Women Fall to Dakota Wesleyan, Eliminated in NAIA Tournament
- Southern Oregon, Oregon Tech earn No. 1 seeds in NAIA Softball Tournament
- Southern Oregon, Oregon Tech advance to NAIA Softball World Series
- Oregon Tech Eliminated from NAIA Tournament by Briar Cliff
- Oregon Tech Earns Two Seed in NAIA Tournament
- Southern Oregon Blows Out Dickinson State, Advances to NAIA Quarterfinals
- Southern Oregon breezes past Marymount in NAIA Softball Opening Round
- Oregon Tech Women Win NAIA Cross Country Championship