SIOUX CITY, IA—The Southern Oregon women’s basketball team saw its season come to an end on Friday, as the Raiders fell to two-seed and seventh-ranked Dakota Wesleyan, 76-61, in the second round of the NAIA Tournament.
SOU trailed by six entering the fourth quarter and was hoping to follow the same script—a strong final 10 minutes—it used to beat Antelope Valley in round one. Instead, the Tigers flipped the script and outscored the Raiders 21-12 down the stretch.
The loss eliminates SOU from the tournament and brings its season to a close with a 28-5 overall record.
Redshirt senior Remi Mejia paced the Raiders with 20 points in what will go down as her final game at the collegiate level.
The loss also represents the final games at SOU for seniors Toria Bradford, Casey Williams and Nitteayah Barfield.
Junior Ariel Augustine is the only starter that projects to return next season.
Still, the Raiders have put together five straight seasons of 25 wins or more and have appeared in three straight CCC Championship games.
- Southern Oregon Women Fall to Dakota Wesleyan, Eliminated in NAIA Tournament
- Southern Oregon Women Reach NAIA National Tournament
- Oregon Tech Eliminated from NAIA Tournament by Briar Cliff
- Oregon Tech Men Reach NAIA National Tournament
- Oregon Tech Eliminated at NAIA Softball World Series
- Oregon Tech Tops No. 1 Indiana Wesleyan, Advances to NAIA Semifinals
- Southern Oregon, Oregon Tech earn No. 1 seeds in NAIA Softball Tournament
- Southern Oregon, Oregon Tech advance to NAIA Softball World Series
- Oregon Tech Earns Two Seed in NAIA Tournament
- Southern Oregon Blows Out Dickinson State, Advances to NAIA Quarterfinals