ASHLAND, Ore.—Coming off a route of Dickinson State in the first round of the NAIA playoffs, the Southern Oregon Raiders are preparing for a Lindsey Wilson offense that is similarly skilled.
The Raiders posted their most prolific offensive day in 20 games against the Blue Hawks a week ago, but could need a repeat performance against a Blue Raiders team that ranks fourth in the country in points scored this year.
Relying on a pass heavy attack while also limiting turnovers (the Blue Raiders rank seventh in turnover margin), Lindsey Wilson has put up at least 30 points in all 11 of its games this season.
On the other side, SOU leads the country in turnover margin and its defense has proven adept at shutting down the most explosive of Frontier Conference teams. Most impressively, the Raiders held Montana Tech, the highest scoring offense in the conference, to 10 points.
The meeting between SOU and Lindsey Wilson will be the first ever. It will also represent the first time since week one of the season that SOU isn’t ranked as the favorite.
- Southern Oregon Takes On Similarly Skilled Lindsey Wilson Team
- SOU Outlasts Lindsey Wilson in Closing Seconds to Advance to NAIA Semifinals
- Southern Oregon Women Reach NAIA National Tournament
- Southern Oregon Softball Regional Field Announced
- Southern Oregon MBB Clips Oregon Tech in Scoring-Friendly Thriller
- WATCH: Oregon State Athletics Leaders Visit Southern Oregon
- Five Southern Oregon Athletes Win Oregon Sports Awards
- Southern Oregon Cruises to 32nd Straight Win Over Oregon Tech
- Southern Oregon Shocked by Eastern Oregon, Drops Second Straight
- Southern Oregon Blows Out Dickinson State, Advances to NAIA Quarterfinals