ASHLAND, Ore.—No. 11 Southern Oregon finally got back on the winning side of the rivalry Tuesday night, as the Raiders clipped the No. 16 Oregon Tech Owls 109-106.
The win snaps the Raiders four-game losing streak to OIT, which dated back to last season.
Junior guard Tristen Holmes (a former North Medford High standout) led all scorers with 26 points, and the Raiders sizzled offensively, shooting 61 percent from the field and 56 percent from 3-point range.
Senior guard Ben DeSaulnier and freshman Tate Hoffman chipped in with 22 and 15 points, respectively.
Mitchell Fink, the reigning Cascade Collegiate Conference Newcomer of the Year, poured in 24 points and dished out nine assists for Oregon Tech.
Both teams head to the Klamath Basin this weekend for the Oregon Tech Classic. The next rivalry matchup between them comes on January 2.
- Southern Oregon MBB Clips Oregon Tech in Scoring-Friendly Thriller
- Southern Oregon Cruises to 32nd Straight Win Over Oregon Tech
- Oregon Tech MBB Explodes in Second Half to Pick Up Second Win
- (18) Oregon State Beats (7) Oregon for 14th Straight Time in Overtime Thriller
- Oregon Tech Tops NCAA DII Power Western Oregon
- WATCH: Oregon State Athletics Leaders Visit Southern Oregon
- Southern Oregon Shocked by Eastern Oregon, Drops Second Straight
- Five Southern Oregon Athletes Win Oregon Sports Awards
- Oregon Tech Men Reach NAIA National Tournament
- Kaison Faust Makes Oregon Tech Signing Official