MEDFORD—The South Medford and Crater girls have advanced to the 6A and 5A state tournaments after wins on Saturday night.
The Panthers were led by 20 points from senior Ula Chamberlin and prevailed in back and forth affair with Grant that came down to the wire.
They’ll face top-seed Southridge in the quarterfinals on Thursday at 1:30 p.m.
Crater meanwhile struggled out of the gates against Central, but rode a monster second half from Sydney Gray to put things away.
The Comets will face two-seed Lebanon in the quarterfinals on Thursday at 8:15 p.m.
NewsWatch 12’s Jacob Kornhauser recaps the action in a special edition of NewsWatch 12 at 8.
- South Medford, Crater Girls Punch Tickets to State Tournament
- Roundball Wrap: 2017-18 Crater Girls Basketball Schedule
- Crater HC Chris Schmerbach Discusses Second Straight Trip to State Tournament
- Roundball Wrap: 2017-18 South Medford Girls Basketball Schedule
- Four Local Teams Punch Tickets to State, Four Local Teams Eliminated Friday
- Crater Girls Win Christmas Classic for Second Straight Year
- South Medford XC's Ramirez, Duncan Commit to Portland State
- South Medford Hosts Australia, Wins by 33
- Crater's Monroe Wins Gatorade State XC Runner of the Year
- Cold-Shooting Crater Bounced in 5A State Semifinals