ASHLAND -- The most important postseason award for the No. 5 Southern Oregon Raiders is still ahead of them. The Raiders travel to Columbia, Kentucky to take on No. 4 Lindsey Wilson in the national quarterfinals on Saturday. On Wednesday, head coach Charlie Hall was named the Frontier Conference Coach of the Year in his first year at the helm. Meanwhile, redshirt senior quarterback Tanner Trosin was named the conference's Offensive Player of the Year.
In 11 games this season, Trosin has thrown for 3,850 yards, 26 touchdowns and 6 interceptions with a 63 percent completion percentage. On the ground, he has gained 309 yards on 70 carries, finding the end zone seven times.
One of his receivers, Bronsen Ader, was named to the Frontier Conference's first-team all-conference squad, despite missing parts of three games with an MCL injury. He caught 50 passes for 853 yards and four touchdowns. Offensive lineman Dane Skriloff was also named to the conference's first team.
In his first season at Southern Oregon, Hall has the team 11-0, yet to lose a game in his tenure. Throughout the season, he has kept the team focused on playing this season for the late coach, Craig Howard, who passed away in the offseason. Everyone on this team was either recruited by or played for Howard. Hall has done a masterful job getting this team to play for him and excel through tragedy.
The first-team all-defensive team for the Frontier Conference is dominated by Raiders. Five players made the cut as the top players at their positions. Defensive lineman Sean Rogers, linebacker Isiah Carter, cornerback Tyson Cooper, linebacker Devvon Gage, and safety O'Shay Dunmore were all named to the first team.
The Raiders' second-team all-conference players include: running back Rey Vega, receiver Matt Boudreaux, safety Keegan Lawrence, and kicker Marcus Montano.
- SOU's Charlie Hall Named Coach of the Year, QB Tanner Trosin Offensive Player of the Year
- Charlie Hall Answers SOU Fan Questions
- SOU Football Holds First Official Visits of Charlie Hall Era
- WATCH: SOU Head Coach Charlie Hall Talks Recruitment of HOFer Brian Urlacher
- SOU Head Coach Charlie Hall Reflects on 2018 Season, 2019 Recruiting Class
- SOU Football 2018 Preview: Offense
- Trosin, Rogers Named All-Americans by Associated Press
- SOU's Kelsey Randall Named CCC's Softball Offensive Player of the Week
- Parnell Named Defensive Player of the Year, Singler Co-Coach of the Year
- SOU's Harlee Donovan First Raider to be Named NAIA Player of the Year