SIOUX CITY, IOWA -- The Raiders lived to fight another day after knocking off first-round opponent Antelope Valley, 77-66 in the NAIA national tournament. With just a three-point lead at halftime, SOU pulled away in the fourth quarter behind a resurgent performance from redshirt senior Remi Mejia.
Mejia finished with 28 points on 10-for-19 shooting. Teammates Toria Bradford and Ariel Augustine were each in double digits as well, scoring 16 and 11 points respectively. That veteran backcourt of Mejia and Bradford will play at least one more game together.
The Raiders take on Dakota Wesleyan (North Dakota) in the Round of 16. They are the No. 2 seed in the Raiders' region and knocked off the 7th-seeded Indiana East, 78-62 in the first round. Outside of playing Concordia (Nebraska), a national power who they've lost to twice, the team has won its last 13 games.
The Raiders and Tigers tip off at 1:45 p.m. on Friday.
- SOU Tops Antelope Valley to Advance to NAIA Round of 16
- SOU Men's Soccer Tops UC Merced in OT Thriller to Advance to NAIA Round of 16
- SOU wins NAIA Softball Championship
- Oregon Tech Men Cruise Past Antelope Valley in NAIA Tournament Opener
- SOU Outlasts Lindsey Wilson in Closing Seconds to Advance to NAIA Semifinals
- SOU to host NAIA Opening Round Series for second straight year
- SOU Advances to CCC Championship Game
- SOU softball tops Hope International, on brink of NAIA World Series
- NAIA Playoffs Set, SOU to Host Dickinson State