MEDFORD, Ore--- If you saw Dave McGillivray running down Barnett Road on Thursday morning, you were the witness to global greatness.
McGillivray is the race director of the famous Boston Marathon. He has built himself quite the resume.
McGillivray has finished 46 consecutive Boston Marathons, and he has run 155 total marathons.
His greatest achievement started right here, in Medford. In 1978, Mcgillivray decided to run from Medford, Oregon to Medford, Massachusetts in an effort to raise money for the Jimmy Fund.
The route McGillivray took spanned 3,542 miles.
On Thursday morning, Medford Mayor Gary Wheeler proclaimed February 13th, 2020 to be "Dave McGillivray Day."
In the video above, NewsWatch 12's Cameron Derby takes you through McGillivray's journey.
- Running from Medford to Medford
- Medford Mustangs defy expectations
- South Medford Hosts Australia, Wins by 33
- North Medford Wins Second Straight SWC Championship
- Medford drops double-header to Roseburg
- Medford loses first game of state tournament
- Medford drops winners bracket game to Bozeman
- New powerlifting gym helps Medford get healthier
- Oregon Ducks hockey wins big in Medford
- Rivalry Renewed: North Medford, South Medford Basketball Set to Meet for 80th Time