EUGENE -- The Eugene Police Department has confirmed that 21-year-old former Oregon linebacker Fotu Leiato II was killed in the deadly rollover crash first reported on by KEZI on Friday morning. To read the initial story on the crash, click here.
Leiato was dismissed by Oregon several weeks ago after a second arrest in 2018. He was arrested in late April for attempting to remove a parking boot from his vehicle. He also failed to appear in court for a hearing related to an earlier trespassing charge. In late May, head coach Mario Cristobal dismissed him from the team.
Leiato gained national notoriety while in high school for his impressive highlight reel on the website, Hudl.com. His highlight tape on the website has exceeded 1 million views. As a senior, he was projected to start at outside linebacker for the Ducks.
- Recently Dismissed Oregon Linebacker Fotu Leiato Killed in Car Accident
- Driver in Crash that Killed Fotu Leiato Charged with First-Degree Manslaughter
- Grants Pass Linebacker Richie England Commits to Oregon
- Oregon Tech Students Build Cars to Compete on World Stage
- Cycle Oregon's 2018 Routes
- Southern Oregon MBB Clips Oregon Tech in Scoring-Friendly Thriller
- Oregon Tech Tops NCAA DII Power Western Oregon
- Oregon State Bests Oregon to Snap Civil War Losing Streak
- Oregon, Oregon State Each Move on to Women's Elite Eight
- WATCH: Oregon State Athletics Leaders Visit Southern Oregon