ASHLAND—Southern Oregon All-Conference safety Oshay Dunmore has turned professional.
Dunmore signed a one-year contract on Wednesday with the Albany Empire of the AFL—a team set for its inaugural season in 2018.
It’s yet another high profile stop on Dunmore’s storied athletic career.
He was a two-time state champion in the triple jump, a state champ in the long jump and an all-state selection on the football team at Newport High School.
Dunmore continued his athletic endeavors at the University of Oregon in 2012 and 2013 with both the football and track and field teams.
He transferred to Illinois State in 2014 after being dismissed from Oregon and led the Redbirds to the FCS Championship Game—which ISU ended up losing to Carson Wentz and North Dakota State.
Dunmore has spent the last three years at SOU.
He started every game at outside linebacker in 2015 and led the Raiders to the NAIA National Championship Game. He redshirted in 2016 and then guided SOU back to the NAIA semifinals in 2017.
- Oshay Dunmore Signs With Albany Empire of AFL
- Oshay Dunmore Training for NFL Combine Invite
- Kaison Faust Makes Oregon Tech Signing Official
- Edwards Signs Letter of Intent With SOU
- Crater's Monroe and Meek Both Sign with Pac-12 Schools
- Rogues Sign Local Standouts Carder, Cowden to 2018 Roster
- Eagle Point, Montana Standout Tyrone Holmes Signs with LA Chargers
- Signing Day: South Medford Sends Four to Collegiate Athletics, Two to Division I Schools