SEATTLE -- After winning the Pac 12 regular season title, (6) Oregon left little doubt as to who the best women's basketball team in the conference is as they won the conference tournament as well, beating (16) Stanford, 77-57. It was the first time in program history the Ducks won the conference tournament.
Sophomore Sabrina Ionescu was on a different planet, scoring 36 of the Ducks' 77 points on the night. Ruthy Hebarb, Satou Sabally, and Maite Cazorla all finished in double figures as well, combining for 33 points.
Ranked sixth in the country entering the Pac 12 tournament, the Ducks have put themselves in excellent position going into the NCAA Tournament. By winning their conference tournament, they give themselves an excellent chance of landing a No. 1 seed. Regardless of whether or not they get a No. 1 or 2 seed in March, they will be hosting a regional, meaning they will get two home games en route to the Sweet Sixteen.
The NCAA Women's Selection Show is on Monday, March 12. The tournament begins on March 16.
- Oregon Women's Basketball Wins First Pac-12 Tournament in Program History
- Oregon Wins First Pac-12 Women's Title Since 2000
- Oregon Women Notch Highest Ranking in Program History
- Southern Oregon Women Reach NAIA National Tournament
- Oregon Tech Men Reach NAIA National Tournament
- Oregon HS Baseball, Softball State Tournament Preview
- Oregon Tech Women Win NAIA Cross Country Championship
- Southern Oregon Women Fall to Dakota Wesleyan, Eliminated in NAIA Tournament
- SOU, OIT Women Each Pick Up Wins in Opening Round of CCC Tournament
- SOU Men and Women Basketball Sweep Corban