EUGENE, Ore.—After topping No. 14 UCLA on Sunday, the Oregon women’s basketball team became the first in school history to complete a road sweep of the Southern California schools.
On Monday, the Ducks followed that up with another historical first.
Going from No. 9 to No. 8 in the AP Poll, Oregon achieved its best ranking in program history.
At 15-2 overall and 4-0 in conference play, the Ducks are the Pac-12’s highest ranked team and one of two undefeated Pac-12 teams.
“UCLA is a great team,” Oregon head coach Kelly Graves said. “That's a team that can go to the Final Four, and to just stand up to them toe to toe, I think really says something about us. (We’re) excited to be 4-0, but the reality is we'll enjoy it today and then guess what? Tomorrow we're thinking Arizona. That's all now that matters.”
Oregon will wrap up play with the Arizona schools on Sunday with No. 18 Arizona State—the other team with an unblemished conference record.
Tipoff against UA on Saturday is at 8 p.m., while Sunday’s showdown with the Sun Devils gets underway at 5 p.m.
- Oregon Women Notch Highest Ranking in Program History
- Oregon Women's Basketball Wins First Pac-12 Tournament in Program History
- Oregon, Oregon State Each Move on to Women's Elite Eight
- Southern Oregon Women Reach NAIA National Tournament
- Oregon Wins First Pac-12 Women's Title Since 2000
- North Valley's Kelsey Anchors Makes History as Oregon's First Female HS Baseball Coach
- Oregon Tech Women Storm Back, But Fall to (11) SOU in Overtime
- Oregon Tech Men Shock Yotes, Earn Home Playoff Game Along With Women
- Southern Oregon Women Fall to Dakota Wesleyan, Eliminated in NAIA Tournament
- Oregon State Women Roll Western Kentucky, Draw Tennessee in Second Round