SANTA CLARA—It wasn’t pretty, or even watchable, but the Oregon Ducks escaped Levi’s Stadium with a 7-6 win over Michigan State in the Redbox Bowl.
The Ducks and Spartans combined for 17 punts—more punts than points—and four turnover-on-downs in a game that featured a mix of dominant defenses and inept offenses.
The first scoreless first half in Redbox Bowl history was followed by a pair of Michigan State field goals in the third quarter, and Dillon Mitchell’s eventual game winning touchdown in the fourth quarter.
It’s Oregon’s first win when scoring seven or fewer points since 1992.
Watch NewsWatch 12 at 6 for highlights and reaction.
- Oregon Wins Scoring-Starved Redbox Bowl
- Oregon Football Lands In Redbox Bowl
- Southern Oregon MBB Clips Oregon Tech in Scoring-Friendly Thriller
- Five Southern Oregon Athletes Win Oregon Sports Awards
- Southern Oregon Cruises to 32nd Straight Win Over Oregon Tech
- Oregon will Take on (25) Boise State in Las Vegas Bowl
- In Cristobal's Debut, Oregon Falls to (25) Boise State 38-28 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Beavers, Singler Look for Second Straight Win Over Oregon
- Oregon Wins First Pac-12 Women's Title Since 2000
- Oregon Women's Basketball Wins First Pac-12 Tournament in Program History