KLAMATH FALLS -- Josh Kallstrom of Oregon Tech has been named the NAIA Baseball National Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Kallstrom was selected for his performance from April 2 – 8 and was picked out of a pool of conference award winners.
Kallstrom knocked a walk-off grand slam against College of Idaho in the bottom of the 12th inning to extend the Owl's winning streak to seven games. His monster week included the following numbers:
-10 runs scored, 8 runs driven in
-Went 11-for-17 (.647 batting average)
- Three doubles, and two home runs
His performance over that monster week is hardly an abberation, though. He has been dominating NAIA West play all season long. He leads the NAIA West in a number of statistical categories this season, including: batting average (.409), slugging percentage (.720), hits (67), doubles (19), home runs (10), total bases (118), and runs batted in (42).
He and the Owls look to extend the winning streak against defending national champion, Lewis-Clark State, who comes into town for a doubleheader on Sunday.
- Oregon Tech's Kallstrom Named NAIA Player of the Week
- Oregon Tech Men Reach NAIA National Tournament
- Southern Oregon, Oregon Tech advance to NAIA Softball World Series
- Oregon Tech Women Win NAIA Cross Country Championship
- Oregon Tech Eliminated from NAIA Tournament by Briar Cliff
- Oregon Tech Earns Two Seed in NAIA Tournament
- Oregon Tech Falls to Spring Arbor in NAIA Championship Game
- Oregon Tech Eliminated at NAIA Softball World Series
- Oregon Tech’s Mark French and Cindy Reed Named 2017 NAIA Scholar Athletes of the Year
- Raider Reaction: SOU Defense Stifles Yotes, Rogers Named NAIA Player of the Week