SIOUX FALLS—The Oregon Tech men’s basketball team is headed to the semifinals of the NAIA DII Tournament after toppling No. 1 overall seed and defending champion Indiana Wesleyan 107-93 on Saturday.
Junior Mitch Fink scored a game-high 34 points to go along with 11 assists, and the Hustlin’ Owls are among the final four teams for the first time since 2012 and two wins away from their fourth national championship.
As has been the case for most of the season, OIT surged in the second half, outscoring Indiana Wesleyan by 13. It also benefitted from a 44-29 rebounding advantage and a 45-10 advantage in bench scoring.
Oregon Tech has Sunday off and will be back in action Monday at 4 p.m. PT against the winner of Morningside (Iowa) and College of Idaho.
- Oregon Tech Tops No. 1 Indiana Wesleyan, Advances to NAIA Semifinals
- Southern Oregon, Oregon Tech advance to NAIA Softball World Series
- Oregon Tech Tops College of Idaho, Advances to NAIA Championship Game
- Oregon Tech Men Reach NAIA National Tournament
- Southern Oregon Women Fall to Dakota Wesleyan, Eliminated in NAIA Tournament
- Southern Oregon Blows Out Dickinson State, Advances to NAIA Quarterfinals
- Oregon Tech Eliminated from NAIA Tournament by Briar Cliff
- Oregon Tech's Kallstrom Named NAIA Player of the Week
- Oregon Tech Women Win NAIA Cross Country Championship
- Oregon Tech Earns Two Seed in NAIA Tournament