SIOUX FALLS, SD—The Oregon Tech men’s basketball team has advanced to the NAIA DII Championship Game after a 93-81 win over College of Idaho in Monday’s semifinal.
It marks OIT’s first trip to the title game since 2012, the year of its last championship.
The Hustlin Owls’ shot 63 percent in the first half and took the lead for good at the 13-minute mark.
Junior guard Seth Erickson led all scorers with 27 points, including OIT's first seven of the game.
Freshman Kaison Faust, a North Medford alumnus, contributed a crucial 19 points, and junior Mitch Fink registered another double-double with 14 points and 12 assists.
The Owls bench outscored the Yotes bench 44-32.
Tech led by as many as 23, and while the Yotes showed spurts of life in the second half (they outscored OIT 52-41 in the final 20 minutes), the lead for the Hustlin' Owls was never below double digits.
Monday’s semifinal marked the third matchup of the season between Oregon Tech—the CCC regular season champ—and College of Idaho—the CCC tournament champ. The teams had split the first two meetings, each taking a game at home, before the Fab Four rubber match.
OIT will play the winner of three-seed Marian and two-seed Spring Arbor in Tuesday’s championship game at 4 p.m. PT. The game will broadcast live on ESPN3, as Oregon Tech vies for its fourth basketball title in school history.
- Oregon Tech Tops College of Idaho, Advances to NAIA Championship Game
- Oregon Tech Falls to Spring Arbor in NAIA Championship Game
- Southern Oregon, Oregon Tech advance to NAIA Softball World Series
- Oregon Tech Women Win NAIA Cross Country Championship
- Oregon Tech Tops No. 1 Indiana Wesleyan, Advances to NAIA Semifinals
- Oregon Tech Men Reach NAIA National Tournament
- Oregon State Advances to College World Series National Championship
- SOU Advances to CCC Championship Game
- Southern Oregon Blows Out Dickinson State, Advances to NAIA Quarterfinals
- Oregon Tech Eliminated from NAIA Tournament by Briar Cliff