KLAMATH FALLS—The Oregon Tech Hustlin' Owls have earned a spot in the NAIA Division II Men’s Basketball National Tournament for the second year in a row.
The Hustlin' Owls, which finished the year ranked No. 21, received the six seed in the Naismith region and will take on three-seed Briar Cliff at 10:15 a.m. CST on Wednesday. The Owls are joined by College of Idaho and Warner Pacific as the three Cascade Collegiate Conference teams in the dance.
The 32-team tournament runs from March 7 to March 13 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
In 2012, OIT won the National Championship. The Hustlin' Owls were bounced by Saint Francis in last year’s first round, and hadn’t made the tournament in the previous four years.
Southern Oregon was left out of the tournament by the narrowest of margins. The Raiders finished in the “receiving votes” category and were essentially the 31st ranked team. Unranked Mayville State, Voorhees and Milligan each getting an automatic bid was the Raiders' ultimate death blow.
- Oregon Tech Men Reach NAIA National Tournament
- Southern Oregon Women Reach NAIA National Tournament
- Oregon Tech Eliminated from NAIA Tournament by Briar Cliff
- Oregon Tech's Kallstrom Named NAIA Player of the Week
- Oregon Tech Women Win NAIA Cross Country Championship
- Southern Oregon Women Fall to Dakota Wesleyan, Eliminated in NAIA Tournament
- Oregon Tech’s Mark French and Cindy Reed Named 2017 NAIA Scholar Athletes of the Year
- Southern Oregon Blows Out Dickinson State, Advances to NAIA Quarterfinals
- Behind Fink's 33 Points, Carvalho's Buzzer Beater, Oregon Tech Survives in CCC Tournament
- Oregon HS Baseball, Softball State Tournament Preview