KLAMATH FALLS—The Oregon Tech men’s basketball team has earned a two seed in the NAIA Men’s DII Tournament.
The Hustlin’ Owls will open play on March 6 in the single elimination tournament in Sioux Falls, South Dakota at 7:45 p.m. PT. They’ll face seven-seed Antelope Valley (California), which was the Cal-Pac tournament champion. The matchup is a rematch from the team's meeting on November 16, when Oregon Tech emerged one-point winners at home.
"I really thought we'd probably be a three seed so it's good we hung on to that two seed," said head coach Justin Parnell. "Our league had two teams in the top eight which is great. It's a good matchup for us and a team we know we can beat, but a team we have to play really well to beat."
Oregon Tech, the CCC regular season champion and the eighth-ranked team in the country, makes up the eight-team Naismith quadrant, headlined by top overall seed Indiana Wesleyan. College of Idaho also earned a two seed and is the only other team from the Cascade Collegiate Conference in the tournament.
The appearance marks OIT's 17th in the NAIA Tournament and third in a row. Five wins separate the Hustlin' Owls and their fourth NAIA Championship.
- Oregon Tech Earns Two Seed in NAIA Tournament
- Southern Oregon, Oregon Tech earn No. 1 seeds in NAIA Softball Tournament
- Oregon Tech Men Reach NAIA National Tournament
- Southern Oregon Volleyball earns another NAIA Tournament win
- Oregon Tech Eliminated from NAIA Tournament by Briar Cliff
- Southern Oregon Women Reach NAIA National Tournament
- Southern Oregon, Oregon Tech advance to NAIA Softball World Series
- Oregon Tech Men Cruise Past Antelope Valley in NAIA Tournament Opener
- Oregon Tech's Kallstrom Named NAIA Player of the Week
- Oregon Tech Women Win NAIA Cross Country Championship