CORVALLIS -- According to multiple reports, the Oregon State football team will hire current Wisconsin linebackers coach Tim Tibesar to be its next defensive coordinator. His Wisconsin defenses have ranked in the NCAA's top four in scoring defense in each of the last three seasons.
Before he spent his last three years at Wisconsin, coaching guys like linebacker T.J. Watt, current Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker and brother of NFL star J.J. Watt, he spent time at a number of different programs.
Here is a timeline of where he's been and what he's done since he started at the major college level in 2001:
- North Dakota linebackers coach/defensive coordinator: 2001-05
- Kansas State special teams/defensive coordinator: 2006-08
- Montreal Alouettes (CFL) linebackers coach/defensive coordinator: 2009-11
- Purdue defensive coordinator: 2012
- Chicago Bears linebackers coach: 2013
- Wisconsin outside linebackers coach: 2014-17
He has coached under Wisconsin head coach Paul Chryst the last three years. Chryst is the former offensive coordinator for Oregon State over two separate stints. Chryst was the offensive coordinator for the Beavers during part of former Beaver quarterback, current Beaver head coach Jonathan Smith's stint at the school from 1997-2001.
- Oregon State to Hire Wisconsin's Tim Tibesar as Defensive Coordinator
- Defensive Coordinator Jim Leavitt to Stay at Oregon Through 2021 Season
- Mark Helfrich Set to Become Chicago Bears Offensive Coordinator
- Oregon State's Heimlich Goes Undrafted
- SOU Football 2018 Preview: Defense
- Oregon State Bests Oregon to Snap Civil War Losing Streak
- Oregon, Oregon State Each Move on to Women's Elite Eight
- WATCH: Oregon State Athletics Leaders Visit Southern Oregon
- Oregon HS Baseball, Softball State Tournament Preview
- College Gameday Preseason Special: Oregon State Beavers