KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- The Oregon State women's basketball team led from the get go and didn't look back against Western Kentucky in the first round of the NCAA tournament, winning handily, 82-58.
The Beavers outscored the Hilltoppers 25-14 in the first quarter and steadily built on the lead after that behind a steady inside-outside scoring attack. Four players finished in double figures including: Marie Gulich (29), Kat Tudor (19), Mikayla Pivec (15), and Katie McWilliams (10).
With the win, Oregon State advances to the second round of the tournament where they will meet No. 3 seed Tennessee, who beat Liberty 100-60 in their first-round game. The Volunteers have only failed to reach the Sweet Sixteen (the tournament's third round) twice since 1978, but one of those times was last season.
The Beavers and Volunteers will square off with a trip to the Sweet Sixteen on the line on Sunday.
- Oregon State Women Roll Western Kentucky, Draw Tennessee in Second Round
- Division-II Western Oregon Rounds Up Top Southern Oregon Football Players
- Oregon, Oregon State Each Move on to Women's Elite Eight
- Oregon Tech Tops NCAA DII Power Western Oregon
- South Medford RB Jaylin Parnell Commits to Western Oregon
- South Medford WR Jaalen Owens Commits to Western Oregon
- South Medford DB Josiah Johnson Commits to Western Oregon
- Oregon Soars Past Seattle, Into NCAA Tournament Second Round
- Southern Oregon Rides Career Night from Bradford, Huge Second Half to Trounce Western Oregon
- Southern Oregon Women Reach NAIA National Tournament