EUGENE -- The Oregon women's basketball team cruised to a first-round win over Seattle on the first day of the NCAA tournament, dispatching of them 88-45.
Five Ducks scored in double figures as Oregon led throughout. Sabrina Ionescu led the way with 19 points, part of her 10th career triple-double. Oti Gildon poured in 16 off the bench; Ruth Hebard scored 12, Lexi Bando 11, and Maite Cazorla 10.
Oregon will host their second-round opponent, 10th-seeded Minnesota, on Sunday. Minnesota reached the second round by upsetting the No. 7 seed in the Spokane region, Green Bay.
This is just the second NCAA tournament berth for the Ducks since 2005.
- Oregon Soars Past Seattle, Into NCAA Tournament Second Round
- Oregon Upsets Wisconsin, Advances to Second Round of NCAA Tournament
- Southern Oregon breezes past Marymount in NAIA Softball Opening Round
- Oregon Tech Tops NCAA DII Power Western Oregon
- Mustangs dominate Falcons in 1st round of state tournament
- Oregon Tech Men Cruise Past Antelope Valley in NAIA Tournament Opener
- Southern Oregon Women Reach NAIA National Tournament
- Oregon Tech Men Reach NAIA National Tournament
- Oregon HS Baseball, Softball State Tournament Preview
- Mazama Rolls Past Philomath into First State Tournament Since 2011