MEDFORD -- North Medford girls basketball had lost 18 straight games against crosstown rival South Medford until Wednesday night. On Wednesday night, the Black Tornado topped the Panthers 46-34 to improve to 6-1 and jump the Panthers in the Southwest Conference standings.
With the win, North Medford moves into a tie with Sheldon for first in the conference. However, they lost to the Irish earlier in the season, so they curently don't hold the tiebreaker. They will play Sheldon one more time this year with a chance to move to the top spot all by themselves.
After South Medford sprinted out to a strong start, North Medford took over. Inside and outside, Adrianne McLemore and company dominated from the second quarter on.
Southwest Conference Standings:
T-1st: Sheldon Irish 15-4 (6-1)
T-1st: North Medford Black Tornado 12-7 (6-1)
3rd: South Medford Panthers 12-8 (5-2)
4th: Grants Pass Cavemen 12-7 (4-3)
5th: Willamette Wolverines 8-11 (2-5)
6th: South Eugene Axemen 7-12 (1-6)
7th: Roseburg Indians 6-11 (0-6)
- North Medford Upends South Medford 46-34 to Erase 18-Game Black & Blue Losing Streak
- Black Tornado Cruise to Easy Road Win Over South Medford
- 2018 High School Football Preview: North Medford Black Tornado
- South Medford Girls See 92-Game SWC Winning Streak Come to End
- North, South Medford Open Enrollment Won't Change Athletic Transfer Process
- South Medford Denies North of Outright SWC Title
- North Medford, Grants Pass Softball, South Medford Baseball Advance in 6A Playoffs
- Rivalry Renewed: North Medford, South Medford Basketball Set to Meet for 80th Time
- South Medford Hosts Australia, Wins by 33
- North Medford Wins Second Straight SWC Championship