MEDFORD -- Local teams went 1-2 in the opening round of the 28th annual Abby's Holiday Classic as North Medford defeated La Salle Prep, 68 to 46, but South Medford fell to Red Bluff (CA) by 11 and Eagle Point was bested by McKay by 10.
The losses send South Medford and Eagle Point to 3-6 and 1-7 respectively.
North Medford, meanwhile, improved to 9-1 on the season, the second time they've won 9 of their first 10 games in the last three seasons. They dominated visiting La Salle Prep from start to finish, taking a 16-point lead to halftime and winning by 22.
With their losses, South Medford and Eagle Point will play each other Thursday afternoon. Jesse Higgins figures to play a big factor in that game as the big man scored 23 points for the Panthers in their opening round loss.
North Medford plays Roseburg at 5:30 Thursday evening as the two teams battle to stay unbeaten in the tournament.
- North Medford Stays Hot, South & Eagle Point Fall in Opening Round of Abby's Holiday Classic
- North, South Medford Open Enrollment Won't Change Athletic Transfer Process
- 2018 High School Football Preview: Eagle Point Eagles
- Edwards Eclipses 1,300 Career Points, Crater Thumps Eagle Point
- North Medford Falls to West Linn in State Quarterfinals
- South Medford Denies North of Outright SWC Title
- Golf Tip of the Week: Eagle Point Golf Club
- Roundball Wrap: 2017-18 Eagle Point Boys Basketball Schedule
- Roundball Wrap: 2017-18 Eagle Point Girls Basketball Schedule
- Golf Tip of the Week: Eagle Point Golf Course