MEDFORD—All three playoff games in southern Oregon went the way of the home team on Monday, as North Medford and Grants Pass softball and South Medford baseball each advanced to the second round of the 6A playoffs.
South Medford, the second ranked team in the state in search of its first state title, was paced by a three-run home run and RBI single from catcher Jack Thompson. The Panthers scooted by 31-seed Centennial 7-4.
North Medford softball began the defense of its 2017 state title with a 14-4 win over Reynolds. Pitcher Rylan Austin struck out six in six innings, and Lauren Barry went 3-for-5 with 5 RBI.
Grants Pass was also victorious on Monday, beating 26-seed Sprague 12-6. Brooklyn Hurd blasted a grand slam and Jordan Kuykendall added a home run of her own.
In out of town action, North Medford baseball fell to West Linn 9-0, and South Medford softball was blanked by Texas Tech commit Morgan Hornback and Oregon City, 12-0.
- North Medford, Grants Pass Softball, South Medford Baseball Advance in 6A Playoffs
- 6A High School Football Playoff Bracketology
- North Medford Softball Prepares For Season Without Mayben
- South Medford Names Josh Moody Head Baseball Coach
- South Medford Denies North of Outright SWC Title
- North, South Medford Open Enrollment Won't Change Athletic Transfer Process
- Rivalry Renewed: North Medford, South Medford Basketball Set to Meet for 80th Time
- North Medford Upends South Medford 46-34 to Erase 18-Game Black & Blue Losing Streak
- South Medford Hosts Australia, Wins by 33
- Friday Night Blitz: South Medford Avenges Playoff Woes with Blowout Win over Gresham