ASHLAND, Ore.—The No. 5 Southern Oregon Raiders found out their postseason fate on Sunday—the Raiders will open the NAIA Championship Series at home against No. 13 Dickinson State.
After capping off a perfect regular season—the first since 1946—SOU now turns its attention to a familiar foe in the Blue Hawks.
DSU was formerly a member of the Frontier Conference, and the two teams squared off in regular season play in 2012 and 2013. SOU won both meetings in blowout fashion.
DSU’s last two playoff appearances have ended at the hands of another Frontier Conference team in Montana Tech, and the Blue Hawks have never won a playoff game in the history of their football program.
The Raiders meanwhile have never lost in the first round of the NAIA Championship Series.
The two teams also have a common opponent in 2017. Back in August, Dickinson State beat Rocky Mountain College by 15, while SOU clipped the Battlin’ Bears by one in late September.
The Raiders (10-0) and Blue Hawks (9-1) will kick off at 1 p.m. on Saturday at Raider Stadium with a spot in the quarterfinals on the line.
- NAIA Playoffs Set, SOU to Host Dickinson State
- Southern Oregon Blows Out Dickinson State, Advances to NAIA Quarterfinals
- SOU to host NAIA Opening Round Series for second straight year
- SOU's 'Freshmen Four' Pave Way to NAIA World Series
- NAIA World Series Delayed, SOU Pushed Back Over Two Hours
- SOU, OIT arrive in Springfield for NAIA Softball World Series
- SOU Men, Women Basketball Secure Home Playoff Games
- Playoff Hopes Dashed, SOU Falls to College of Idaho
- Raider Reaction: SOU Defense Stifles Yotes, Rogers Named NAIA Player of the Week
- SOU Outlasts Lindsey Wilson in Closing Seconds to Advance to NAIA Semifinals