GRANTS PASS -- Following 13 seasons of Cavemen football, Mel Ingram Field at Grants Pass High School is getting a facelift. The field will have its turf replaced ahead of the 2018 season.
Returfing will begin on June 18 and will be done by the start of the 2018 Grants Pass football season, according to athletic director Clay Rounsaville. Tuesday afternoon, the Booster Club put the finishing touches on acquiring the final funds needed to push the project forward.
Early estimates placed the total money needed from the community to fund the project in the $120,000 range, but no specific financial figures were given. It will be the first time the school is getting brand-new turf since the initial turf installation ahead of the 2005 season.
- Mel Ingram Field Turf to be Replaced in June
- Southern Oregon Softball Regional Field Announced
- Oregon Tech Breaks Ground on $1.1 Million Softball Field Renovation
- Field Set For Firecracker Futurity After Day Two of Grants Pass Downs
- Amateur Athlete: Thompson Yards a Wiffle Ball Field Fit for the Big Leagues