MEDFORD -- Another member of the Medford Rogues' 2017 Great West League championship team will return in 2018. Earlier in November, the team announced reliever Aaron Hutchinson, a native of Phoenix, OR, would return to the team. Wednesday, the team announced reliever Ryan Carle will also be back in 2018.
Carle pitched in 18.1 innings in 2017 and posted a 3.92 ERA. He is currently in his second season at Pacific University. His father, Scott, is the former head coach of Crater High School's baseball team and is currently an assistant coach for South Medford's varsity squad.
Carle said he looks forward to getting more hardware for the Rogue Valley.
"I’m really excited to have the opportunity to play at home again. Summer nights at Harry & David Field are really special, and I can’t wait to bring home another Championship for the Rogue Valley,” Carle said.
In 2017, the Rogues were full of returning players. The 2018 roster's two current players are both returners. It remains to be seen if the 2018 team will be as veteran-laiden as the 2017 championship team.
- Medford Native Ryan Carle to Return to Rogues for 2018 Season
- Rogues Join Golden State Collegiate Baseball League For 2019 Season
- Rogues Sign Local Standouts Carder, Cowden to 2018 Roster
- Medford Rogues Round Out Coaching Staff with Hires of Danelson, Balderas
- North Medford Softball Prepares For Season Without Mayben
- 2018 High School Football Preview: South Medford Panthers
- 2018 High School Football Preview: North Medford Black Tornado
- Baseball Jamboree Ushers in 2018 Season
- Dick Fosbury Returns to Medford to Celebrate 50th Anniversary of Gold Medal
- Hearts Broken in Final Seconds of State Title Game, South Medford's Dream Season Ends