EAGLE POINT—In ten days, Eagle Point High School will be the site of the first annual Rogue Valley Table Tennis Tournament.
It’s the brainchild of Walter Poelzing and open to players of any skill level from middle school to high school—the goal being to tap into an interest and grow a sport that hasn’t taken off yet in southern Oregon.
"What I'm hoping to accomplish is to provide kids who have these kind of abilities and desires a chance to show off what they can do, and also just to allow them to make new friends and grow the sport of table tennis, which I know a lot of people in this valley love," Poelzing said.
The tournament is on Saturday, January 26 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The entry fee is $15. For more details on how to register, contact Eagle Point High School.
- Eagle Point to Host First Annual Table Tennis Tournament
- 2018 High School Football Preview: Eagle Point Eagles
- Edwards Eclipses 1,300 Career Points, Crater Thumps Eagle Point
- Waqidi Falicoff Out to Write New Chapter in Storied Table Tennis Career
- Golf Tip of the Week: Eagle Point Golf Club
- Roundball Wrap: 2017-18 Eagle Point Boys Basketball Schedule
- Roundball Wrap: 2017-18 Eagle Point Girls Basketball Schedule
- Golf Tip of the Week: Eagle Point Golf Course
- Eagle Point, Montana Standout Tyrone Holmes Signs with LA Chargers
- Eagle Point's Tyrone Holmes Debuts with San Antonio Commanders