MONMOUTH, Ore. -- Division-II Western Oregon got a handful of football talent from Southern Oregon in their 2018 recruiting class. It was headlined by a trio of South Medford players fresh off a 6A state runner up finish.
Running back/linebacker Jaylin Parnell chose the Wolves after weighing a handful of options. His Panther teammates, receiver Jaalen Owens and defensive back Josiah Johnson will be joining him with the Wolves.
Up I-5 in Grants Pass, Caveman linebacker Richie England chose the Wolves as well, bolstering a linebacker unit coached by Jason Slowey, a WOU alum and 2012 NFL Draft selection by the San Francisco 49ers.
They also got bigger up front by signing Mazama standout offensive lineman Cameron Hankins. All these signings give football fans in Southern Oregon a reason to turn their attention slightly west when football season rolls around in several months.
- Division-II Western Oregon Rounds Up Top Southern Oregon Football Players
- Oregon Tech Tops NCAA DII Power Western Oregon
- Southern Oregon Rides Career Night from Bradford, Huge Second Half to Trounce Western Oregon
- Oregon State Women Roll Western Kentucky, Draw Tennessee in Second Round
- Southern Oregon MBB Clips Oregon Tech in Scoring-Friendly Thriller
- WATCH: Oregon State Athletics Leaders Visit Southern Oregon
- Five Southern Oregon Athletes Win Oregon Sports Awards
- Southern Oregon Cruises to 32nd Straight Win Over Oregon Tech
- Southern Oregon Shocked by Eastern Oregon, Drops Second Straight
- Southern Oregon Women Reach NAIA National Tournament