MONMOUTH, Ore. -- Division-II Western Oregon got a handful of football talent from Southern Oregon in their 2018 recruiting class. It was headlined by a trio of South Medford players fresh off a 6A state runner up finish.
Running back/linebacker Jaylin Parnell chose the Wolves after weighing a handful of options. His Panther teammates, receiver Jaalen Owens and defensive back Josiah Johnson will be joining him with the Wolves.
Up I-5 in Grants Pass, Caveman linebacker Richie England chose the Wolves as well, bolstering a linebacker unit coached by Jason Slowey, a WOU alum and 2012 NFL Draft selection by the San Francisco 49ers.
They also got bigger up front by signing Mazama standout offensive lineman Cameron Hankins. All these signings give football fans in Southern Oregon a reason to turn their attention slightly west when football season rolls around in several months.
- Division-II Western Oregon Rounds Up Top Southern Oregon Football Players
- Oregon Tech Tops NCAA DII Power Western Oregon
- Southern Oregon breezes past Marymount in NAIA Softball Opening Round
- Southern Oregon Rides Career Night from Bradford, Huge Second Half to Trounce Western Oregon
- Four Southern Oregon athletes earn 'player of the week' awards
- Oregon State Women Roll Western Kentucky, Draw Tennessee in Second Round
- Five Southern Oregon Athletes Win Oregon Sports Awards
- Southern Oregon, Oregon Tech advance to NAIA Softball World Series
- Southern Oregon gets past Eastern Oregon for third straight win
- Southern Oregon MBB Clips Oregon Tech in Scoring-Friendly Thriller