MEDFORD, Ore.--For the second straight season, the Crater girls basketball team has won the Southern Oregon Subaru Christmas Classic. With a 56-15 win over Ashland High School in the tournament's title game, the Comets also advanced to 7-0 for the second straight year.
Crater held the Grizzlies under double digits in the first half of Saturday's contest, and led by all-tournament selection Mackenzie Ryerson, Sydney Gray and Alexus Woodard, the Comets cruised to the easy win.
The three-day Evergreen Federal Bank Tournament at Hidden Valley High School separates Crater and the start of league play. The Comets will need to rattle off six more wins to match last year's streak to open the season.
- Crater Girls Win Christmas Classic for Second Straight Year
- Crater Ace, Larson Kindreich, Tosses Second Straight No Hitter
- Roundball Wrap: 2017-18 Crater Girls Basketball Schedule
- Crater's Monroe Wins Gatorade State XC Runner of the Year
- Crater Boys Win First League Title In 28 Years
- South Medford, Crater Girls Punch Tickets to State Tournament
- Crater HC Chris Schmerbach Discusses Second Straight Trip to State Tournament
- Crater Baseball Wins First State Title Since 2007
- Fan's Choice Awards: Crater Wins Best Mascot, Best Team
- North Medford Wins Second Straight SWC Championship