CORVALLIS, Ore. – Oregon State baseball interim head coach Pat Bailey announced Wednesday that former Beaver middle infielder and Crater High alumnus Ryan Gipson has been named an assistant coach. Gipson will serve as the team’s volunteer assistant.
Gipson comes to Oregon State after four seasons as the head coach at Linn-Benton Community College, where, in 2018, he led the Roadrunners to a 42-4 overall record and 29-1 mark in conference play. LBCC was 119-58 (.672) in his four seasons as head coach, including a 72-16 (.818) mark the past two years.
“I’m excited to have Ryan Gipson be a part of our coaching staff,” Bailey said. “He is a great teacher and has a really good baseball mind. Obviously, the success he had so quickly at Linn-Benton Community College is a testament to how hard of a worker he is.
“More importantly, he is a great human being and I’m glad Ryan is on our staff.”
Gipson lettered for the Beavers in 2005 and 2006, helping guide Oregon State to back-to-back trips to Omaha, including a national championship. He played in 79 career games, starting 66, and batted .270 with 10 doubles, a home run and 36 runs batted in. In 2005, he led the then-Pac-10 with a .500 on-base percentage.
A Central Point, Ore., native, he played for Shasta Community College prior to his career at Oregon State. He hit .358 as a sophomore and .344 as a sophomore.
Gipson served as an undergraduate coach for Oregon State in 2011 and 2012, then spent two seasons as an assistant coach at Dixie State in Utah. He graduated from Oregon State in 2006 with a bachelors of science in sociology.
- Crater Alumnus Ryan Gipson Named Oregon State Baseball Assistant Coach
- Crater Baseball Wins First State Title Since 2007
- Amateur Athlete: Larson Kindreich Leads Crater Baseball to State Title
- Crater Sophomore Nathan Bittle Gets Scholarship Offer from Oregon State
- South Medford Names Josh Moody Head Baseball Coach
- Crater's Kiefer Edwards Named Oregon 5A Basketball Player of the Year
- Oregon HS Baseball, Softball State Tournament Preview
- Oregon State's Ryan Nall Declares for NFL Draft
- Crater's Monroe Wins Gatorade State XC Runner of the Year
- Cold-Shooting Crater Bounced in 5A State Semifinals