ASHLAND -- In the rubber match of their three-game regular season series, Oregon Tech once again got the best of SOU in Ashland. Behind 42 points from sophomore guard Mitch Fink, OIT pulled away from the Raiders in the second half, winning 86-79.
The teams were tied at halftime, but the Owls dominated play in the second half, especially the final six minutes. At one point, the teams were tied 68-68, but the Owls went on a 9-0 run to put the game on ice.
The win helped pull the Owls into a second place tie with three other teams (although they have one more win and one more loss than the other teams, so they are technically at the bottom of that grouping). Based on tie breakers, SOU falls from second to fourth with the loss.
CCC Top 5 Teams:
1st: College of Idaho 19-5 (13-1)
T-2nd: Eastern Oregon 18-4 (10-4)
T-2nd: Warner Pacific 16-7 (10-4)
T-2nd: Southern Oregon 15-8 (10-4)
T-2nd: Oregon Tech 18-8 (11-5)
- Behind Fink's 42-Point Outburst, Oregon Tech Takes Season Series From SOU
- Fink becomes All-Time Assist Leader at Oregon Tech
- Mitch Fink becomes all-time leading scorer at Oregon Tech
- Behind Fink's 33 Points, Carvalho's Buzzer Beater, Oregon Tech Survives in CCC Tournament
- Oregon Tech Guard Mitch Fink Earns Co-CCC Player of the Year Honors
- Oregon Tech's Mitch Fink Skates to Second Straight CCC Player of the Year Honor
- One Year Later, Oregon Tech Ladies Stun (9) SOU Again
- Amateur Athlete: SOU's Wyatt Hutchinson, OIT's Mitch Fink Bound by Athleticism, Best Friendship
- Southern Oregon, Oregon Tech advance to NAIA Softball World Series
- Fink earns NABC All-America honors