ASHLAND—Levity Circus was launched in March of this year—an Ashland-based professional level circus.
As a collective and not an exclusive, you don’t have to be a circus artist to join.
They offer the space to practice, classes to fine tune and performances to showcase.
The founders’ goal was to bring people in and then send them out to spread the word.
"I thought I can't believe that this isn't such a well-known thing because there's these people that have this huge amount of talent that you wouldn't expect from our little area,” said co-founder Barbra Kenyon. “They're out there doing things that I would leave the area to go see and it's right here."
It’s a spectacle that’s both unique to the area and unique in its approach because recently, the southern Oregon circus community joined forces with the southern Oregon dance community.
"It's not often that I think that it comes from another source,” said dance coach Tess Minnick. “You don't bring a salsa instructor into it typically, but there's a lot of value in doing that."
It’s expertise from one field that’s being applied to another—athleticism amplified by artistry.
- Artistry Plus Athleticism: Levity Circus Collective Joins Forces with Dance Community
- Amateur Athlete: SOU's Wyatt Hutchinson, OIT's Mitch Fink Bound by Athleticism, Best Friendship
- Rogues Join Golden State Collegiate Baseball League For 2019 Season
- Comeback Complete: Oregon State Shocks Arkansas to Force Game Three
- Former South Medford Softball Star, Pat Moore, to Join Washington Huskies
- Crater Boys, 10-0 and Crowned Tournament Champs, Look Like Unstoppable Force