ASHLAND, Ore.—The only certified triathlon coach in southern Oregon, Michael Gallagher and his business, Rogue Tri Performance, have set out to help the sport grow.
But Gallagher’s coaching isn’t just about triathletes—it’s about triathletes and everyone in between.
"When people meet me for the first time, they think I just coach triathletes,” Gallagher said. “Well actually, I coach triathletes, runners, swimmers, cyclers and strength athletes."
Shayla DeBerry, one of his clients, wanted to take up running again, and decided to do so this time with a coach.
"I like to have someone to be accountable to and the motivation is very helpful to me," DeBerry said.
In NewsWatch 12’s Amateur Athlete, Gallagher shows his coaching approach, his expertise in running, biking and swimming, and details how he plans to continue to tap into the potential of an already active Rogue Valley athletic community.
"I saw how people would go from a couch to a 5K. I saw how happy they were, how passionate they were about doing something they never thought they could do before," Gallagher said.
- Amateur Athlete: Gallagher Training Triathletes and Everyone in Between
- Amateur Athlete: Crossfit Athletes Rally Around Inspirational Bauer White
- Amateur Athlete: Kya Hammersley, KU's Five-Sport Athlete
- Amateur Athlete: Joe Wallace Carves Competition With Wooden Creations
- Amateur Athlete: Trevahn Foster, Southern Oregon's Most Prolific Shot Blocker
- Amateur Athlete: Donovyn Hunter, Medford's 13-year-old Basketball Sensation
- Amateur Athlete: Mountain Biking League Coming to Southern Oregon
- Amateur Athlete: Trey Lopez Powered by Mom 1,700 Miles Away
- Amateur Athlete: Kelsey Randall Sets Tone for Raider Offense
- Amateur Athlete: Kallstrom's Breakout Places Him On MLB Draft Radar