CENTRAL POINT -- If teams were graded based on style points, the Crater boys basketball team would have gotten the top spot in 5A long ago. That's not how it works, but after another impressive win over a top 10 team, the Comets moved to No. 1 in OSAA's ranking of 5A schools.
After going down 10-0 to start their home game against Churchill Tuesday night, Crater stormed back and took control. Leading by just four at halftime,they dominated the third quarter and cruised to a 57-46 win.
They now have just three games left in the regular season and can clinch at least a share of the Midwestern League title with a win over Marist Catholic on Friday night.
- After Impressive Win Over Churchill, 20-1 Crater Moves to No. 1 in 5A
- Cold-Shooting Crater Bounced in 5A State Semifinals
- Crater's Kiefer Edwards Named Oregon 5A Basketball Player of the Year
- Crater Moved, Other Local High School Football Games in Jeopardy
- Friday Night Blitz Preseason Special: 5A
- 5A High School Football Playoff Bracketology
- Crater Girls Win Christmas Classic for Second Straight Year
- Crater's Monroe Wins Gatorade State XC Runner of the Year
- Crater Boys Win First League Title In 28 Years
- Crater Baseball Wins First State Title Since 2007