NEAR LAKE OF THE WOODS, Ore. -- The Sky Lakes Wilderness in the Fremont-Winema National Forest has over 100 lakes between Medford and Klamath Falls.
Our 'Hike of the Week' catches three lakes, not including Four Mile Lake at the trailhead, that offer remarkable views and scenery with easy access.
Woodpecker, Badger and Long lakes are all accessed from a 8.5 mile hike on easy elevation.
The hike is perfect for families and pets.
Parking is free at the Fourmile Lake Trailhead next to the Fourmile Lake Campground.
Follow signs from the trailhead to Badger Lake on a well-marked, easy trail.
For a longer hike, continue past Badger Lake to Long Lake for an extra 1.7 miles each way.
DIRECTIONS (Via U.S. Forest Service): Fourmile Lake Trailhead is located one hour northwest of Klamath Falls, Oregon.
From Klamath Falls, OR take Oregon Highway 140 west toward Medford, Oregon, for approximately 33 miles and then turn right onto Forest Service (FS) Road 3661. Fourmile Lake Trailhead is located at the end of FS Road 3661, next to the Fourmile Lake Campground.
- Hike of the Week: Badger & Long Lakes
- Take a Hike: Badger Lake Trail
- Take a Hike: Squaw Lakes
- Hike of the Week: Rainie Falls
- Hike of the Week: Mill Creek Falls
- Hike of the Week: Grizzly Peak
- Hike of the Week: Pilot Rock
- Hike of the Week: Frog Pond/Cameron Meadows
- Hike of the Week: Boy Scout Tree Trail
- Take a Hike: Pearsony Falls