ASHLAND -- Sometimes the two things standing between you and a nice hike are time and your kids. At Hobart Bluff Trail, you don't have to worry about either one.
This 2.4-mile round trip hike is easy enough for the kids to do and quick enough to do on a tight schedule. Normally, for such a hike, you would sacrifice great views, but you get those here as well.
From the top of the trail, you can see Mount Shasta and Mount McLoughlin off in the distance. Plenty of wildflowers and butterflies will keep the kids entertained as well.
If you stop to take a break, you will notice how quiet this trail is (this may change if you do bring the kiddos along). A slow wind and the chirping of birds is all that can be heard as you work your way up the less than 500-foot elevation gain.
So, if all you have is a couple hours, Hobart Bluff is a great way to get some steps in, catch some great photo opportunities, and keep the kids entertained.
- Take a Hike: Hobart Bluff Trail
- Take a Hike: Geo Trail
- Take a Hike: Pipsissewa Trail
- Take a Hike: White Rabbit Trail
- Take a Hike: Grizzly Peak Trail
- Take a Hike: Roxy Ann Peak Trail
- Take a Hike: Rainie Falls Trail
- Take a Hike: Tunnel Ridge Trail
- Take a Hike: Wagner Butte Trail
- Take a Hike: Spence Mountain Trail