ASHLAND, Ore. -- This week’s Take a Hike comes from White Rabbit Trail in Siskiyou Mountain Park.
The trail has two possible starting points—one known as 2060 Trailhead off of Ashland Loop Road, the other off of Park Street.
Out and back, the trail is four and a half miles, with the Park Street entrance serving as the side that poses the uphill climb for the first half.
The 2060 Trailhead is close to Lithia Park and features a one mile drive on a dirt road to get there.
The hike features many adjacent trails, most of which are in reference to Alice in Wonderland and many that are open to hikers only.
White Rabbit Trial, however, is open to both hikers and mountain bikers, as well as dogs.
The hike is atypical in that it doesn’t feature a summit. Instead, it’s best panoramic views of the Rogue Valley come before you reach the end of the trail.
- Take a Hike: White Rabbit Trail
- Take a Hike: Geo Trail
- Take a Hike: Pipsissewa Trail
- Take a Hike: Hobart Bluff Trail
- Take a Hike: Grizzly Peak Trail
- Take a Hike: Roxy Ann Peak Trail
- Take a Hike: Rainie Falls Trail
- Take a Hike: Tunnel Ridge Trail
- Take a Hike: Wagner Butte Trail
- Take a Hike: Spence Mountain Trail