KLAMATH FALLS -- As conference play begins, the 19th-ranked Oregon Tech basketball team knows it needs to establish consistency. In a rivalry game they controlled for most of the night, the Owls topped the ninth-ranked Southern Oregon Raiders, 88-73.
It is the Owls' best win of the season as they bested a top 10 team, boosting their resume and their case to move up in the next edition of the NAIA rankings.
The Owls were led by Harrison Steiger and Mitch Fink who combined for 37 points. Coming off a loss to 25th-ranked Warner Pacific, Oregon Tech badly needed to get back on track. They did just that Tuesday night.
SOU meanwhile had its brief, two-game winning streak snapped as they try to hold onto a spot in the top 10 when the newest NAIA rankings are released.
- (19) Oregon Tech Pads Resume with 15-Point Win Over (9) SOU
- One Year Later, Oregon Tech Ladies Stun (9) SOU Again
- SOU Surges Past Montana Tech For Third Straight Win
- Southern Oregon Cruises to 32nd Straight Win Over Oregon Tech
- Oregon Tech Women Storm Back, But Fall to (11) SOU in Overtime
- Behind Fink's 42-Point Outburst, Oregon Tech Takes Season Series From SOU
- (4) SOU Rallies for 32-13 Opening Week Win Over Eastern Oregon
- SOU FB Reaction: Charlie Hall Breaks Down Win Over Eastern Oregon
- Oregon Tech Men Reach NAIA National Tournament
- Kaison Faust Makes Oregon Tech Signing Official