ASHLAND -- The 14th-ranked Southern Oregon softball team swept Northwest in their doubleheader for the second straight day, giving them a four-game sweep over the Eagles and a 23-7 record overall.
In Game 1, Gabby Sandoval struck out eight batters across six innings as the Raiders won by run rule, 9-1. Catcher Harlee Donovan was 2-for-3 with 3 RBI. The game-winning hit was provided by Hannah Wessel, who slugged a two-run triple to right-center to put the Raiders up by eight in the sixth, thus ending the game.
Game 2 was little different with Hannah Yelas on the bump. SOU jumped out to an early 7-0 lead and didn't look back, winning 9-1 for the second straight game.
Only the first game counts toward the Raiders' conference record, which moves to 7-2 on the year. Their next series will come north of the border in British Columbia, Canada against the University of British Columbia. They play UBC in doubleheaders on both Friday and Saturday.
- (14) SOU Earns Four-Game Sweep of Northwest
- (14) SOU Softball Sweeps Northwest in Friday Doubleheader
- Former SOU Star Matt Retzlaff Earns Swedish Title Game MVP
- SOU Men and Women Basketball Sweep Corban
- No. 10 SOU Sweeps No. 24 Jamestown in First Game of NAIA Pool Play
- Randall's Heroics Help (3) SOU Softball to Saturday Sweep
- SOU Advances to CCC Championship Game
- (10) SOU Women Down Northwest to Start 18-1 for Third Straight Year
- SOU Men, Women Basketball Secure Home Playoff Games
- Team White Topples Team Black in SOU Football Spring Game