ASHLAND -- The SOU women's basketball team is no stranger to success. After winning their 11th straight game Sunday, the 10th-ranked Raiders are now 18-1 this season, the third straight year they've won 18 of their first 19 games.
Defense set the tone early as the Raiders pressed the Eagles and turned them over consistently. The steady and aggressive attack helped the Raiders to a 30-0 advantage in fastbreak points. That would prove to be the difference as SOU won 96-67.
Remi Mejia, who scored 22 points on Saturday, shined again on Sunday, pouring in 19 points to go along with nine assists.
Next up for the Raiders is Multnomah, who is 1-21 this season. Their only win came in their most recent game, a 79-78 win over Walla Walla. That will be the next step for SOU as the 10th-ranked team in the country tries to continue its climb in the Cascade Collegiate Conference standings.
- (10) SOU Women Down Northwest to Start 18-1 for Third Straight Year
- (14) SOU Softball Sweeps Northwest in Friday Doubleheader
- (14) SOU Earns Four-Game Sweep of Northwest
- SOU Surges Past Montana Tech For Third Straight Win
- Comeback Falls Short In OT, SOU Drops Fourth Straight
- SOU volleyball wins second-straight CCC regular-season title
- SOU Men and Women Basketball Sweep Corban
- SOU Women's Soccer suffers first loss
- Wyatt Hutchinson Named SOU Starting Quarterback
- SOU to host NAIA Opening Round Series for second straight year