MERLIN -- The boys and girls teams fell short for North Valley Thursday night against Junction City, each losing close games. The girls were first, falling 35-28. Next were the boys, who made a late surge and fell by a single possession, 45-42.
It was the first game for each team this season and each showed flashes. A bright spot for the girls was senior Haley Kersten who was the Knights' top performer and hit a dramatic half-court buzzer beater to end the third quarter.
While they lost, the boys team's size was tough for Junction City at times. If they convert more on second chances, they should fare better in the future. Each team hosts South Umpqua on Tuesday night.
- North Valley Boys and Girls Each Lose Close Games to Junction City
- Henley Boys and Girls Route La Pine
- North Medford Wins Second Straight SWC Championship
- Crater Girls Win Christmas Classic for Second Straight Year
- Crater Boys Win First League Title In 28 Years
- The Roundball Wrap: High School Girls Basketball Scores on Friday, January 12
- South Medford Girls See 92-Game SWC Winning Streak Come to End
- The Roundball Wrap: High School Boys Basketball Scores on Friday, January 12
- The Roundball Wrap: HS Boys Basketball Scores On February 18, 2018
- Rivalry Renewed: North Medford, South Medford Basketball Set to Meet for 80th Time