MEDFORD, Ore.--For the second straight season, the Crater girls basketball team has won the Southern Oregon Subaru Christmas Classic. With a 56-15 win over Ashland High School in the tournament's title game, the Comets also advanced to 7-0 for the second straight year.
Crater held the Grizzlies under double digits in the first half of Saturday's contest, and led by all-tournament selection Mackenzie Ryerson, Sydney Gray and Alexus Woodard, the Comets cruised to the easy win.
The three-day Evergreen Federal Bank Tournament at Hidden Valley High School separates Crater and the start of league play. The Comets will need to rattle off six more wins to match last year's streak to open the season.
- Crater Girls Win Christmas Classic for Second Straight Year
- Crater Boys Win First League Title In 28 Years
- North Medford Wins Second Straight SWC Championship
- Edwards Eclipses 1,300 Career Points, Crater Thumps Eagle Point
- South Medford Girls See 92-Game SWC Winning Streak Come to End
- Henley Boys and Girls Route La Pine
- South Medford Hosts Australia, Wins by 33
- North Valley Boys and Girls Each Lose Close Games to Junction City
- The Roundball Wrap: High School Girls Basketball Scores on Friday, January 12
- Faust, Fossen, Chamberlin Named SWC Players of the Year