CENTRAL POINT—Chris Schmerbach has told his players throughout the season that he considers them a team of destiny.
After a 54-42 win over Marist Catholic on Friday night, the Comets are one step closer to fulfilling that prophecy—becoming league champions for the first time since 1990.
Senior Kiefer Edwards threw down another earth-shattering dunk and senior Mason Vranes was red-hot from three, and Crater celebrated its 11th straight win by cutting down the nets in front of its home fans.
The Comets close their regular season with a road date with Ashland and a home game against Thurston next week.
— NewsWatch 12 Sports (@KDRVSports) February 17, 2018
- Crater Boys Win First League Title In 28 Years
- Crater Girls Win Christmas Classic for Second Straight Year
- Edwards Eclipses 1,300 Career Points, Crater Thumps Eagle Point
- Scott Dippel One-on-One: Interview with Crater's Head Girls Basketball Coach
- Henley Boys and Girls Route La Pine
- South Medford Hosts Australia, Wins by 33
- North Valley Boys and Girls Each Lose Close Games to Junction City
- The Roundball Wrap: High School Boys Basketball Scores on Friday, January 12
- The Roundball Wrap: HS Boys Basketball Scores On February 18, 2018
- Black Tornado Cruise to Easy Road Win Over South Medford