CAVE JUNCTION, Ore.-- One man is dead after an officer-involved shooting in Cave Junction Friday afternoon.
The Josephine County Major Crime team is investigating.
Authorities say on Thursday, the US Marshal Service requested local law enforcement to be on the lookout for a fugitive, 37-year-old Jeﬀrey Alan Burleson.
Burleson was wanted out of the State of Florida.
On Friday, around 12:30 PM, local law enforcement from Josephine County Sheriﬀ’s Oﬃce and Oregon State Police conducted a traﬃc stop on a vehicle suspected to contain Burleson.
The traﬃc stop occurred at 213 Redwood Hwy in Cave Junction.
During contact with law enforcement, authorities say Burleson displayed a ﬁrearm.
A contacting law enforcement oﬃcer ﬁred shots.
Burleson was transported to Three River’s Hospital in Grants Pass, and subsequently died.
- Officer-Involved Shooting in Cave Junction
- Death Investigation in Cave Junction
- Missing Cave Junction Woman Found Safe
- OSP Confirms Shots Fired In Cave Junction
- Cave Junction Bingo Fanatic Celebrates 100th Birthday
- Police Investigate Serial Arsonist Near Cave Junction
- Cave Junction Expands Smoking & Vaping Ban
- Grass Fire in Cave Junction Under Investigation
- 15-acre Fire Burns Near Cave Junction
- Search for Cave Junction Shooting Suspect Leads to SWAT Siege